Relax and Enjoy Your Visit

It's official!! I am hooked on blogging! I love to share my thoughts and feelings about the photographs I take. And I love to share my images with clients/ potential clients, family & friends.

"Come in and stay for awhile. Visit often. I have a feeling this could be fun..."

Corinne



Email me!

16.10.08

Babies... mmmmm! ... and Beanbags!

Newborn babies are beautiful. Soft and cuddly, especially in velour sleepers! They smell wonderful. They bring feelings of joy to a portrait session. And better yet, from this photographer's point of view, they don't run around ... or move much for that matter! And they aren't expected to smile which eliminates the whole pressure cooker situation of parents demanding / begging to see those beautiful smiles that are hard to come by in the unfamiliar and sometimes scary studio.



Every upside has a downside - newborn babies do not sit up! They can slip and slide and look awkward. It is often necessary to shoot from uncommon angles to get a good look at facial features and this can lead to harshness in what should be soft, fresh faces. But I LOVE a challenge. The solution is simpler than one would think... a beanbag chair (thanks Lori) and a mother's assistance.

Welcome to the world Jordan Dirk Kranendonk. It was a pleasure to spend the morning with you and your mother.




2 comments:

Lori said...

I love the close up one - what beautiful brown eyes!

BCP Potter said...

Great pics - love the lighter background!! :)