Relax and Enjoy Your Visit

It's official!! I am hooked on blogging! I love to share my thoughts and feelings about the photographs I take. And I love to share my images with clients/ potential clients, family & friends.

"Come in and stay for awhile. Visit often. I have a feeling this could be fun..."

Corinne



Email me!

6.11.08

Don't Smile







A warm November late afternoon doesn't come along too often. It was the perfect setting for a grad session with a dark and moody theme. Brooke wanted to celebrate 13 hard earned school years by being represented with photographs that allowed her to show her true personality. We went in search of unique natural backdrops. By we I mean Brooke, myself, my friend and her family Wendy, and my recently turned nine "precious" child. We shall call him chatterbox!


Our chosen locations required climbing, driving, and vision. We managed to find several locations (an under road culvert, a dumping ground for old cars, and a graveyard) that were "moody" enough to allow Brooke to express her dark side. Only 2 problems! In Brooke's words: "He's making it difficult for me not to smile". (Again referring to the chatterbox). And Brooke doesn't appear to me to be as dark as she thinks! The result in my opinion were fabulous senior portraits with enough true personality to please Brooke, but with smiles a grandmother will love!


Several more samples from this session that distinguishes art from mere photography can be found here. Thanks Brooke for an inspiring day!








1 comment:

BCP Potter said...

Goosebumps!
Thanks for giving Brooke a chance to be herself & seeing that she's not really such a 'toughie'...:)
Another job well done!