Relax and Enjoy Your Visit

It's official!! I am hooked on blogging! I love to share my thoughts and feelings about the photographs I take. And I love to share my images with clients/ potential clients, family & friends.

"Come in and stay for awhile. Visit often. I have a feeling this could be fun..."

Corinne



Email me!

22.3.08

To Texture or Not to Texture? That is the Question.


It is a constant struggle dealing with the concept of editing. Editing was what you did to fix a mistake at the time of the capture, or so I thought. Anything other than basic color enhancements can truly change the theme and/or mood of a portrait in my opinion. That struggle with how much does a photographer have the right to change an original intensified when I determined that adding texture was a trendy trend!

What to do! After careful consideration I thought I would at least learn HOW to make and apply a texture. What harm could that do? Little did I know that texture is an addiction. Not only that, texture is a skill. Restraint is necessary as not every picture lends itself to the technique and not every texture lends itself to all photographs. I wonder if I am up to the challenge? You decide. I think this portrait is enhanced by the addition of several textures. And since the original is not posted you may have no choice but to agree with my artistic vision. (I have never been known to let the opinions of others dictate my choices!)

After much soul searching, and browsing the threads of flickr.com I finally found that "light bulb moment" that changed my entire thought process as far as artistic expression was concerned. When several professional photographers were asked this very question, whether digital enhancement was still the art of photography, one answered: "No, digital photography is an art of it's own".

No comments: